Thursday, June 4, 2015

Trip to DC with pictures and a short clip

Over Winter Break, yes a few months ago when I didn't have a blog :/, I decided to go on a trip to DC, and then to NY. The opportunity was provided by my University, and ever since I knew about it, I wanted to go. I was finally able to afford it, so I figured why not.

DC was definitely an experience, and I saw the good and bad of it. I had been before since I used to live in Maryland, but I don't think I ever experienced it like this before. The perspective of children and adults are always so different (I visited as a little girl). The first thing I noticed however, was that this place was beautiful. It was like being in a completely different country. Like some awesome place in Europe (maybe Greece).

I loved my time there at first, but by the end of the second day, I was completely over it. The thing is, I had never seen so many homeless people before in life. I wondered how this supposedly great city could have so many people lying in the dirt at night. I didn't know what to do, or how to react to them, but everyone around me just seemed to ignore them easily. The experience that struck me the most was when this women came up to me asking for help, and I had no idea what to do at the time. I had never felt so useless. This city started to sadden me greatly, so by then I was glad that we were leaving the next day.

I do have great memories as well, and I did have a good time. There were so many things to do, and some were even free, like the museums. As a whole, I did enjoy my time in DC. I just can't ignore the negative aspects of it as well.















Taken by Lisa Ajala

Made out of Aluminum foil!






The Hope Diamond





In the Spy Museum, which was a lot of fun.


Hope you enjoyed!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment