Sunday, July 26, 2015

Going through the Book of John

This summer I have been going through the book of John. At first it was just with my bible study group, but since I didn't always go to bible study, I was behind in it. I started to read it on my own, which turned out to be a really good thing since I have learned a lot.There are things there that I have never really paid attention to before, and others that I learned for the first time.

When I started to read it on my own, I would just read it and move on. Nothing would stick. But, that changed when I got some colorful highlighters. I would highlight the things that stood out to me, and that changed everything. I remember a lot more, and I have now finished the Book of John. Now, I have decided to do a review of everything I have read-so it really sticks. I want to take everything that Christ has taught me through this book, and incorporate it into my life. To live it because everything he said was pretty awesome.

I plan to put my overviews here in separate posts. It was a good 21 chapters, and I was surprised when I finished them. I thought it would take forever as I flipped ahead in the chapters, but I'm glad I stuck it out. I was so closed hearted to this book at first. I told myself "I've read this before" and "I don't want to go through this again". But reading this was a great experience for me, and it actually left me pretty cheerful in the end. So, now I will embark on the second half of my journey of going through the Book of John. Join me if you will.

With love,

Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment